Sunday 2 October 2011

Alas, Collingwood.

Well it wasn't to be for the Pies this year.  I thought Geelong should be favourites but Collingwood did give me a bit of heart when they came back late in the first quarter and into the 2nd quarter after a poor start.  But Geelong to its credit responded and were just too hard at the contest for us.  We looked rushed everytime we got the ball.

I had the unique experience watching the game in the cinema room of an oilrig with dozens of Collingwood hating rig workers screaming for Geelong even though they didn't support them!  I guess you either love or hate Collingwood - not sure why (although I can understand why Eddie McGuire would annoy them).

Ah well here's a bit of fun from last year - the first video is a timelapse of us watching the draw - and the 2nd is the victory lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment